Retaining Highly Skilled Foreign Talent in Malaysia
Call Malaysia your home. The Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) offers skilled expatriates the ability to work and live in Malaysia for up to 10 years.
Introduced by TalentCorp in April 2011 together with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA) and the Immigration Department of Malaysia (JIM), the Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) is a 10-year renewable visa for highly skilled expatriate talent seeking to contribute to Malaysia's economy on a longer-term basis.
Foreign skilled talent looking to apply for the RP-T, must fulfil the following minimum criteria:
  • Has worked in Malaysia for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years at the time of application.  
  • Holds a valid Employment Pass with more than 3 months validity during the submission/resubmission of the application.
  • Has a Malaysian income tax file number and has paid income tax for the most recent 2 years (minimum) at the time of application.
  • Earns a basic monthly salary of RM15,000 which excludes any allowances and/or bonuses.
  • Holds a PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in any discipline from a recognised university or a professional/competency certificate from a recognised professional institute
  • Possesses at least 5 years of total work experience
Keen to apply for your Residence Pass-Talent? 
facts & figures
Achievements as of 31 December 2022


applications approved under this initiative since 2011
> 90 %
successful RP-T applicants possess more than 10 years of global working experience
top 5 sectors
Oil, Gas & Energy
Information Communication Technology
Business Services
Financial Services

Live and work in Malaysia for up to 10 years
Have the flexibility to change employers without converting the pass
Your spouse (legally married) and dependants under 18 years old are eligible for the RP-T Dependant Pass (RP-T DP)
Your spouse (legally married) is eligible for the RP-T, and as such, can seek employment in Malaysia without the need to apply for an Employment Pass

Can I apply for the RP-T? 
Yes, if you meet the minimum criteria required for the RP-T. 
How do I apply for the RP-T? 

Application for the RP-T is conducted on-line. Please go through the MINIMUM eligibility criteria, and the documents required prior to creating your application account.

Do I have to pay to apply for the RP-T? 
Yes, there are application and processing fees for the RP-T. Please refer to the RP-T fee structure and fee calculator to give you an estimate of the total cost of your application.
Can an agent assist with my RP-T application? 
Can an agent/appointed person submit an RP-T application on behalf of an applicant?

TalentCorp does not accept RP-T applications which are submitted by agents, appointed persons or any third party on behalf of others. All RP-T applicants must submit their own applications via the RP-T online portal.

Click here for a comprehensive list of FAQ on the RP-T.
2024 © Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad (201001035653)| All Rights Reserved | Terms & Conditions
Generic Popup